Summer is almost here!
That could be good news or bad news depending on how you feel about wearing more revealing clothing.
Long sleeves, turtlenecks, and jeans will be stored away, and out will come the shorts, swimsuits, and sleeveless shirts.
If you don’t feel like you or your body is ready, don’t despair.
We’ve got ten tips guaranteed to have you feeling better about your summer body in just a few weeks. The more of these you can implement, the bigger the change in your body.
- Drink more water. Water will fill you up and have you eat fewer calories. It aids digestion, helping you to “lose the bloat”.
- Fill up on vegetables. More vegetables on your plate will mean less room for calorically dense carbs like bread and rice.
- Eat protein at every meal. Toast, cereal, or a donut make for a terrible breakfast and is keeping you from losing weight.
- Move more daily. You don’t have to be in the gym 7 days a week, but you should walk, do yard work, ride a bike, or do a stretching/yoga session.
- Get more sleep than you are already getting. Not enough sleep can adversely impact hormones that affect hunger and stress, leading to weight gain.
- Balance out your exercise routine. Add weight training if you’re only doing cardio and vice versa.
- Limit or eliminate alcohol, at least for the short term. Alcohol adds unwanted calories, slows your metabolism, and makes you eat stuff you wouldn’t eat without a buzz.
- Sit less, stand more.
- Stop eating junk foods-you know what they are! Ask yourself, “Why am I eating this?”
- Find an accountability partner. Having someone who shares the same or similar goals will go a long way to keeping you (and them) focused and motivated.
You can do it! We believe in you!
Enjoy your summer!