My brother Dave and I used to love making lists. He was always the initiator. In fact, he had all kinds of list on his computer. We would discuss our top tens of all kinds of things: movies, rock and roll bands, actors, actresses, albums, quarterbacks and even teachers that we had in high school.
Yes, I know this is supposed to be a fitness blog, but any chance I get to talk about my late brother, His birthday just passed, March 2, so I’ve been thinking about him more lately. I am going to, especially since it is my blog!
- You can cover any topic with a list
- They can be as short or as long as you want
- There is not always the need to explain each entry if you don’t want to, just the list should suffice
- Whenever I give my list, someone always wants to give me theirs
- Lists based on opinion can give insight into a person’s likes, dislikes, personality etc.
I hope this will create discussion and debate on this blog. I would love to hear from readers about their own lists. Today I will give my favorite rock bands, favorite exercises, and my favorite cardio machines.
In my 15 years of working in health clubs, one thing is absolutely certain. No two people could agree on what type of music should be playing while they workout, so I know that no one else will have all of these bands on their lists. If you are a contemporary of mine, I was born in 1961, you may have some on your list.
Top 11 Favorite Rock and Roll Bands:
- The Who
- Led Zeppelin
- The Doors
- The Beatles
- The Rolling Stones
- The Clash
- The Psychedelic Furs
- Steely Dan
- Pink Floyd
- Neil Young
- Bob Marley and the Wailers
Top 11 Favorite Exercises for me
- Kettlebell Swing
- Dumbbell Chest Press
- Pull ups
- Squat (Barbell or Goblet with Kettkebell)
- Turkish Get Up
- Push ups
- TRX Rows
- Battling Rope intervals
- Angled barbell press
- Rear foot elevated split squat
Top 5 cardio machines for just about anyone:
- Versa Climber
- Airdyne Bike
- Revolving Stair Climber
(elliptical trainer didn’t make my top 20)