Before an airplane takes off, during the safety instructions, the flight attendant will explain that if the cabin loses pressure, the oxygen masks will automatically drop down. Why do they always insist that you put yours on first before you place one on your child?
Because if you are passed out, you will be useless to those who depend on you!
In my post, Are You Taking Care of You? I wrote about how sometimes the love for our families and devotion to them gets in the way of taking the time to love ourselves too. I mentioned how we often sacrifice our own needs for the needs of those we love.
So put your oxygen mask on first! Do not become unconscious about your health.
Here are two truths:
Time is precious.
Yet, time is often the missing link between living a somewhat healthy lifestyle and living a lifestyle that makes a difference in our long-term health.
Have you ever heard yourself say any of the following statements?
- I don’t have time to go to the gym.
- I’m too busy to prepare healthy foods.
- I never have time for myself.
- I can’t/won’t/don’t sleep eight hours.
- I work long hours, so it’s impossible for me to exercise.
- I’m too busy taking care of my mother, grandchildren, uncle, sister, aunt, cousin.
Now ask yourself these questions:
- Do I want to live my life to the fullest?
- Do I want to engage in memorable, precious moments with my family?
- Do my loved ones need me to be healthy?
- Do my loved ones need me around for a long time?
- Do I want to be free of disease and illnesses?
We all get the same 24 hours. It’s about choosing yourself and your health first so you can live a long and healthy life.
Take action! Find a gym, get a good trainer, eat right, get enough sleep.
Put your oxygen mask on first and take the time to care for yourself because…
The more time you MAKE for yourself, the healthier you will be.
The healthier you are, the happier you will be.
The happier you are, the better your relationships will be.
The better your relationships are, the sweeter life is.
Is your life as sweet as it can be? Leave your comments!
Active Life Fitness Personal Trainers and Gym
94 North Avenue
Garwood, NJ 07027