1) Drink water as soon as you wake up. Doing so is vital since you have gone at least 5 hours (depending on your last drink before bed and how long you sleep) without it. It’s a great way to purify your internal system; it fires up your metabolism, helps your body flush out toxins, gives your brain fuel, and may even help you eat less.
3) Clean your own house! It’s a great way to burn extra calories and save money. Use that money to purchase a new outfit in your smaller size.
4) When you eat chocolate make sure it is dark chocolate which contains less sugar than milk chocolate and more cocoa, which is rich in polyphenols, which have many amazing health benefits. Learn more here: http://www.medicinehunter.com/cocoa-health-miracle
5) Brush your tongue. It removes bacteria and improves your taste reception, reducing your need to add salt and sugar, which may keep you more satisfied.
6) If you are constantly hungry maybe you just need to add another small meal to your day. Starving yourself is not a good strategy to lose fat.
7) Snack on pistachio nuts. A recommended serving size is one ounce or 49 nuts. Pistachio nuts have both fiber and protein which will keep you satisfied and may even help you eat less at your next meal. Shelling them will slow you down and give your brain time to realize you are full.
8) Shovel snow (unless you have a heart condition or a bad back). Be smart and take the snow down in layers. Take breaks as you get tired. Refer back to tip #4 and have some hot cocoa to warm up. Yard work chores, such as raking and cutting the grass are also great ways to stay active and move more.
9) Read nutrition information on the menu, when available, before making your selection. More and more restaurants are providing this information to make it easier for customers to eat healthier.
10) Stop labeling yourself as a lazy person that does not like to exercise. Negative self-talk sabotages goals. Use the power of positive thinking!
11) See yourself as the person you want to become. Act as if this has already happened and your choices and actions will follow. For example, if you weigh 180 and want to weigh 140, then eat like a 140-pound person would eat.
12) Use the 90/10 rule for serious fat loss. Be perfect 90% of the time. It’s okay to “be naughty” 10% of the time. It does not have to be all or nothing.
13) Stop eating “on the run.” When we do that, we usually make bad choices, opting for convenience over nutrition. If you know you have a busy day ahead of you and your meal time is limited, plan ahead and prepare healthy and easy-to-eat foods like nutritious sandwiches, bite sized raw vegetables, fruit, and hard boiled eggs.
For more help with all of your fitness needs, visit us at activelifefitness.net or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org